Monday, April 28, 2008

Oh they say when you're married in June...

That's right, I'm engaged. :) Here's the nutshell version of a story... I'll write more later.

BJ and I were friends for about 8 months when I went to Jerusalem. While there, I was trying to convince him to come to Israel with Travis. He decided he couldn't do it. (Admittedly, it was only a few weeks away.) I told him he'd never have another chance like this. He said he could go to Jerusalem again. I told him, "Not with me!" He replied, "Then I'll make you a deal. You marry me, and I'll take you to Jerusalem on our honeymoon." Thus our fake engagement was born. I even bought an olive wood ring for our engagement ring.

10-11 months later... he had I have been dating off and on since I got back from Jerusalem. Saturday night we went out for a walk and looked at many very beautiful flowers along the way. At one point he asked, "Do you remember how I said I would take you to Jerusalem for our honeymoon?" "Yeah." "Well, that probably won't happen. So, in lieu of that, I brought a bit of Jerusalem to you." With that he pulled out an olive wood ring (that had actually been in Jerusalem two days prior) and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes. Then he realized he was supposed to do this on his knees, so he knelt down and asked me again. I laughed and again agreed.

We're planning on getting married June 20 in Timp. Yes, we realize that's really soon, but it was either June 20 or September. We went for June.

More info to come later when I'm not at work or going crazy. :)

12 comments:

Kim said...

Let me be the first (on your blog at least) to tell you CONGRATS!!!!!!! Lexi and Parky are so excited to have a new uncle. They loved having him around last weekend. I just pray the doctor will let us go early with this baby so we can be there. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

Alan C Williams said...

Congratulations! Tianna that is awesome. Alison and I are dang excited! We hope everything goes well for you!

Chris and Alison Williams

Lindsay said...

Tianna!! You're getting married!! That's so fantastic! Congratulations!!!!

Taralyn said...

I'm mad at you...I can't believe I found out you were engaged through Rusty who I haven't talked to since before Ecuador but randomly started chatting with tonight. You are in big trouble...watch out for the killer mongooses. ;D Congrats, though...I'm super happy for you, of course, and let me know if I can help with anything! Jerk.

T&JCroxall said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations!!! That is so soon but I think it is great (well, besides the fact that I won't be able to come)! Best wishes. Oh, and send me your address please!

Holdinator said...

Congratulations! What a fun proposal story too. Sounds like you two will do well together.

Dan said...

Congrats!!!!!

Brian Litster said...

Congrats Tianna

Erin said...

OH MY GOSH!! Tianna Lovell! I'm so excited for you!

By the way, I don't know if I've ever told you that Chris and I have a blog. Well, he and I don't. I do and call it ours. Anyway, it's mecklenburgs.blogpot.com. Come see us. Or me. Whatever.

And the honeymoon? Where is it?

Justin *Anna *Daisy *Lily *Violet said...

After I emailed you I decided to check the blog because of course if there was something really exciting it would be posted and Hello!!! I was right. Congrats. So wonderful. I could hardley contain myself. Fun story to go along with it too.

Alicia said...

Goodness sakes, I'm behind! CONGRATULATIONS! He looks handsome, and great, and nice, and wonderful for you. We're so happy for you!

Lauren Mazie said...

Congratulations! Tianna you are amazing! and I'm proud to know that I was around for your first - fake - Jerusalem engagement! I love you and am so excited for you!
Love, Lauren Bangerter