Friday, August 8, 2008

The Luncheon

Ok, I promised pictures, here they come. We'll start with the luncheon. There's not a whole lot to say. The pictures say most of it. We had the luncheon at the central location of Thanksgiving Point. Beautiful. The food was amazing. The company was superb. Both dads gave excellent, tear-jerking speeches. BJ gave an adorable one, too. All of the women (moms and me) tactfully declined speaking. Throughout all of the luncheon, Jalin's kids came up and hung around at the front table. They love me, what can I say? (Ok, let's be honest. They love Grandma and Grandpa and I'm pretty sure they've all chosen BJ as the new favorite.) Ok, let's just enjoy pictures with random interjections by me.





This is Cody with Grandma and Grandpa Lovell while Grandpa said his peace. He, of course, made me cry. (Grandpa, not Cody) But that's expected, right? He's my Daddy. And I'm his baby. This was a big moment for the both of us.
This is Kristen, who spent half of her time sitting on my lap and playing with the both of us.
BJ's dad wrote me a letter, kind of explaining BJ to me. At the end he gave me the letter. I'll cherish it forever. It definitely made me cry. BJ's mom is sitting next to BJ.

Now BJ tells the story of how we met and such. It was adorable. He did a beautiful job of telling the story. All happiness. I maybe was supposed to speak, too. Instead I clung to him and just smiled at everyone staring at us.

3 comments:

Bingham Co said...

Well remembered. Except I missed the tears in your eyes. Couldn't see the the tears in mine. My baby sister is now a Mrs.

Kim said...

What cute pics. We had to set our blog to private so let me know your info and I will add you to our list.
kilovell@yahoo.com

Rebekah said...

Hi! It's Rebekah (Koon) Linville, I know I'm way older than you, but I found your blog on Chelsea's so I looked. CONGRATULATIONS! Tell Travis (I assume he was your photographer) that the pictures are beautiful!