Monday, May 5, 2008

ALA #4

This week we have some great stuff. Enjoy!

- The Office for Accreditation has created a Google map that shows the locations of all ALA-accredited LIS schools. The map includes main campus locations as well as other locations where the entire degree can be completed, and it offers links to each school’s entry in the office’s directory of accredited programs....
- Anne of Green Gables still enchanting
- Bucksport Librarian Probes 110-year-old Murder
- 'Monotonous' page turning helps digitize books for Google. Because I've been there, done that. I feel their pain. Also, because it's exactly what we do at work. And this secretive scanner they're talking about is most likely something we've seriously looked into. Or maybe that's the scanner that Microsoft is using in their attempt to digitize the world. I wonder who will win this race, Google or Microsoft. I'm rooting for Google.
- Free web reference questions answered by cellphone
- Top 10 Strangest Keyboards The last one is my favorite. I really want to see someone using it.
- Wii! In the Library?

No comments: