Saturday, May 31, 2008

Refresher course

So, there are a lot of new people to my blog ever since I got engaged. Because I think it would be cruel to make y'all go fishing through this massive blog to figure out what all of my regular blog topics are about, let me bring y'all up to speed.

If the title is a date during the summer of 2007, you are reading a really out-dated catch up of my trip to Jerusalem last summer. I actually started this blog as a way for me to keep everyone at home updated on exactly what I was doing (so no one could get upset that they didn't know anything about my trip) as well as keeping a journal for myself. These posts are chock full of details and thus are very, very long. I will never hold it against anyone if they don't want to read these ginormous posts. They are as much for me keeping a record as anything. Also, I have found that I tend not to read really long blogs. Yes. I'm a hypocrite this way. However, I don't regret these really long blogs in the slightest, since this blog is what first got BJ thinking he should get to know me better. I figure it has more than filled its purpose. Also, I am only documenting up till July 14, 2007. So there are only a few more blogs to go.

ALA #_. I am a member of the American Libraries Association. Every week they send out a newsletter with a bunch of links that I found largely fascinating. (Actually, typically only about 1/4 of them even remotely interest me. I narrow it down a lot for your viewing pleasure.) I kept sending various links to various people, just because I thought they were very sharable. Finally I decided that it'd be better to just blog them. Then the people who wanted to read them could, and those that didn't care could just ignore them. Also, I would never have to know the difference.

So there you go. 90% of my posts in a nutshell. Now you know... (Whether you read that as GI Joe or Bill Nye is up to you.)

2 comments:

Thora said...

Yay! I'm glad you specified on the ALA; I was mighty confused. I tried thinking up various and sundry meanings, like A Lotta Information, but then I would realized that this spelled ALI, and start over at square one, as confused as ever. But now I know!

I'm surprised you read my blog at all, then; I think I never shut up on my own blog posts. I like reading your Israel posts; it helps me to believe that someday I too will make it to Israel.

Kim said...

That makes a lot more sense. I personally like the current and up to date, Tianna happenings, but I will shuffle through the rest to get that. Have fun in Europe. Hopefully you nephew will come while you are gone so we can make it to the wedding. Love ya, stay safe.