Friday, May 2, 2008

The real ring

The engagement ring:

With the wedding band:


Isn't it beautiful? I love it. It's everything I've ever hoped for and more.

And now a shout out for Wilson's Diamonds. They were amazing. First, their display cases were organized by style, so Jerry (the guy who helped us) was able to lead me to a display case that had many wonderful options. I ended up picking the same ring twice, so apparently I must like it. After we picked the band, Jerry sat us down and gave us freshly baked cranberry cookies and water while we looked at diamonds. The guy was great. He spent well over an hour with us, teaching us the four C's and showing us where the flaws were in the diamonds we looked at. He wasn't pushy at all, rather he encouraged us to take our time and really get what we wanted, even if it meant a less-expensive ring (and I'm sure, a lesser commission for him). He even took us back into the lab and showed us how they determine the different grades. We asked if we could go home and compare prices. He didn't even bat an eye. In fact, he encouraged us to go compare prices and was confident that we would be well pleased with their prices. We were. The next day BJ and I went out to lunch, stopping at Wilson's on our way to place our order. Jerry met us with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and more water while we placed our order. (I'm convinced he keeps cookie dough and an easy bake oven in the back. Which is awesome.) He even told us we could come back at any time for freshly baked cookies. :) As we left, he promised us that the ring would be ready the next day by five. The next day I spent fretting that it wouldn't be ready in time because we were going to Bountiful and I was going to have to wait yet another day for my ring. By 3 o'clock they had called BJ and he picked it up. I have been admiring it ever since. Thanks, Wilson's! We feel much more educated and very pleased.

10 comments:

Bingham Co said...

Beautiful Sis! I am so glad you are so excited. What a great guy you have to snuggle and get you a permanent decoration on your finger.

Kim said...

That is gorgeous. You did well. Lexi loves it too.

Lindsay said...

It's beautiful! I love its simple elegance.

Unknown said...

It's an absolutely beautiful ring - great choice! We also got our rings from Wilson Diamonds and loved them (the rings and the service). I'm so excited for you guys.

Travis Lovell said...

How come you aren't linked to my blog yet. Don't give me silly excuses like I have other things on my mind or something like that. Focus I tell you. P.S. when are you going to finish your Jerusalem postings?

Kimberli Norton said...

I couldn't be happier for you. Married life is the BEST. Don't listen to what everyone is probably trying to tell you. Just figure out what works best for you and you will LOVE it. A short engagement is the way to go. Heck we could get plans all together in a week if we all had to, people drag it out for some reason, but it will all come together. No worries about that. I bet you will be a Beautiful Bride. I am SOOO happy for you. Have a fun time making all the plans and do it just how you want. Congratz!!

Amanda said...

It's so pretty! And we love Wilson's too!! Yay for getting married!! :)

The Dipo's said...

I'm so excited for you both! I love the ring, so simple and very elegant!

Anonymous said...

beautiful ring nanna...very classy. :o) i wonder what wilson's really puts in those cookies...ha ha... love you!

erin said...

Tianna, I love that ring. I went to look at rings with my second sister (she wanted me to come 'cause she was nervous), and I found one just like that with a princess setting that I loved. Hopefully I can get my own someday. :)