Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A note from the plane

So, I'm flying to Philadelphia today for a conference for work. I got to the airport and realized that when the Church booked my flight a couple of months ago, I wasn't married. Yup, my boarding pass says "Tianna Lovell". But guess what my drivers license says? "Tianna Homer" !!!

I got to the security guard (after waiting in lines for 3 miles) and immediately explained my situation. I ended up pulling out credit cards in both my married and maiden names, my CostCo card and my business cards. Next up was going to be my temple recommend, but by then he decided I had showed enough ID to believe me.

3 comments:

Meg Ruth said...

Wow you are quick! I still haven't changed my name...

Marie said...

Yeah, you're opposite of me. I had changed everything else, but not my drivers license or passport. I finally did that about a month ago. (did I mention we just had our two year anniversary) good thing I hadn't tried to travel very far yet.

Meagan said...

I've had that happen the opposite way. My ticket had my married name and my driver's license was my maiden name. You're lucky they didn't make you do the extreme security check. Yeah, that's no fun.