Sunday, June 24, 2007

June 24, 2007

Umm.... I have no idea what we did this day. I haven't had my computer for a week, so I'm catching up here. I hadn't yet thought of taking notes of what we did, nor do I have an itinerary to look back on. I'm sure I'd be safe saying that we tried to get some more stations of the Via Dolorosa, took lots of pictures, and ate something crazy. Oh, and I did have the sense to write down the following quotes:

- "My feet almost look tan when they're losing blood." - Trav
- Favorite sales pitch - Merchant: "Come in my shop or I kill you; I'm a crazy man!"
- Travis when talking about call to prayer being at 4 am: "I'd so be a Jack Muslim."

Ummm... yeah. What else can I remember? Let's see... Travis finally got his luggage. Yay! We called the Center just off-hand to see if they had heard anything and they surprised us by saying that his luggage was just sitting there waiting for us. Wahoo! So we rearranged our schedule http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifin order to go up to get his luggage. ~whew. That's a relief. Thanks everyone for your prayers! :D

Yeah. I think that's the most important thing that happened this day. :)

I remember walking around to all the churches and them being closed because it was Sunday. Then we went to the Jewish Quarter because we figured they're Jewish and their Sabbath isn't on Sunday. Upon discussing the matter, Travis and I have decided that this was, in fact, the day that we did the walking tour of the Jewish Quarter. The tour in our guide book included the Armenian Quarter and it was all closed due to it being Sunday. Oh! And we ran into Mr. Oooo on our way out, so we asked if the stations were open and he looked at us funny and said no, they were in mass. Duh. Such Christians are we... :) hehe So then we did the Jewish Quarter tour. Then on our way back, we stopped at the stations guarded by Mr. Oooo and were able to photograph them, even though they were about to close. Wahoo! Travis keeps trying to convince me that he has perfect timing. I almost believed him, until I realize that we have yet to finish getting all the stations on the Via Dolorosa. :D Ummm.... yup. That's all I remember.

No comments: