Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Flowers = joy

Our new landlady pays someone to come take care of our yard (though, we still water it). This is fantastic in that we never have to mow the lawn or trim the rosebush. In fact, one time BJ was home when he came, so he asked him to take out the rosebush that was concealing our spigot (which made for an interesting time in watering the lawn).

One morning I was in the living room and heard a weed whacker outside. About an hour later I went outside to water plants and noticed that one of two actual plants (as opposed to weeds) in the flower bed had been weed whacked! And, of course, it was the one with the flower bud on it. I was heartbroken. I didn't even know what kind of flower it was gonna be, but I loved the leaves and the bud.

Having had a lot of success with starts of plants by simply cutting off a stem, putting it in water, then planting it when the roots are long enough, I decided I'd stick it in water—just to see what happened. If nothing else, perhaps it would at least have enough time to bloom.

Today it bloomed! It made me so happy! And it's beautiful. Anyone know what kind of flower it is?

4 comments:

Meg Ruth said...

It looks like a lily to me! Lovely!

Katria said...

It is a lily.

Kim said...

It is a Tiger Lily. They are so beautiful. Also we found Sir Guy a home. My Relief Society President took him. She was really confused by the name.

Chelsea said...

It is beautiful!!!