Tuesday, June 3, 2008

France, part 2 - flying

Ok, we'll go for smaller pics on this'un, since there are many.

This was the last bit of awesomeness inside the terminal. The Eiffel Tower on the desk. Heh.


Here we have a tote bag that they gave us to commemorate the first flight! Inside was a t-shirt. Y'know, it's times like this that I wish I were a large, because I can never wear free t-shirts I get. Present, BJ? :D


Look! I'm in SLC! The line is the route we're about to take. So, it's off to Canada with us.

Next, our menu. You may have to click the picture to be able to read it. I believe I heard somewhere that our food was supposed to be worthy of first class. (JP disagrees. She thinks it was gross food. I thought, for airline food, it was fairly decent.)


As we left, the Utah fire department sent us off with fire hoses shooting water over the plane. It was kinda cool. So first we have the people on the runway watching us leave. Then we have the first sighting of a fire truck. Jess, the rainbow is for you. In fact, it follows us into the third picture where the water is so dense that you really can't see anything except that. And then the last picture is my favorite. You can see the fire truck in the background and the water running down the window. If I had a picture a day blog, this'd totally be my picture.


I see the temple, I win! :) SLC and Bountiful. I rock.


Dinner! I had some sort of chicken with mushroom thing. Though, I saw more rice and beans than mushrooms. So, I wasn't feeling top notch, so I only ate a little bit at a time. I finished my salad and got a little way into the chicken and beans when they came to pick up the trash. I told her I wasn't finished and she moved on. Then a little while later I went to the bathroom, and when I came back, my food was gone. Including the brownie. Which JP said was divine. [pout]


Now we start the flight. Follow my progress via the television. (You can tell when we were watching a movie, because there are large gaps, whereas towards the end of the flight, when there was nothing but map on the screen, the pictures get closer and closer together. Also, I was getting more and more excited that the plane ride was almost over.) I thought about doing commentary for all of these, but I thought it'd make this section too long. So, brief commentary... yay! Look at me fly over Canada. And the ocean! Now we're over Europe. :D Awesome. Ok, so this is a flight from SLC to Paris. Everything is in English and French, understandably. So why is this screen in Spanish instead of French? Weird. Look! We're over England! Carli, I'm probably right over you! Except you're probably still in Istanbul... Look! I've traveled 5,481 miles! Yipes! So close now; we're in street view, even. Almost there! Then I stopped taking pictures because we were hitting turbulence and descending quickly and it was simply a much better idea for me to be closing my eyes and not trying to focus on the screen. There was a great shot of the plane sitting atop Paris on the map when we landed, but the lady sitting in front of the map stood up with her baby and I just couldn't get a clear shot.


Isn't this a cool looking airport? (This is Bordeaux. I didn't get any pictures between Paris and Bordeaux. Sorry. I was a little grumpy as I had slept through breakfast and was rather starving at this point. Also, my knee was hurting after 10 hours of not being able to stretch it. Though, I did get a little sandwich and juice on the second flight.) I wish I could have gotten a better shot for you. It was a gigantic glass caterpillar. At least, that's what it looked like.


Here's the little plane we flew in from Paris to Bordeaux.


Here are the nice men fixing the escalator. (It was kind of weird to see men standing in the escalator...)


Welcome to Bordeaux! Famous for its many wines! (Yes, this is where we picked up our luggage. There were two of these gigantic wine bottles. Also, every advertisement on the wall was for some sort of wine. Now we Mormons really are the weird ones. Why would you come to Bordeaux if you didn't drink? You should've seen the look on the waitress' face when we said we just wanted water... but dinner is for the next post.

No comments: