Wednesday, June 4, 2008

France, part 4 - breakfast at hotel


Breakfast was yummy. For drink we had a choice between orange, apple (I think?) and "Multivitamin". JP and I both decided to be brave and got the Multivitamin. It was actually quite tasty. Then there was the yogurt (back middle). Honey flavored. Think texture of yogurt and flavor of pure honey. You now have my yogurt. It was ... interesting. Not bad, though. Then there was fruit. The strawberries were good. The peach was yummy. (I ate some before I remembered to take the picture.) The kiwi had a very interesting cut and was really good... at least the part that wanted to come out. The core was pretty stuck. Bananas were good. The eggs were divine... oh, so good. And we grabbed some bread (we're in France!) on the way out. Sorry, no picture. JP got some filled with chocolate, though. I got a croissant. Both were good. Crazy part? It was 15 Euros! (Well, JP's blog says 14.50 euros. My door says 15. Maybe the extra .5 is if you get room service?) Seriously people, does that plate look like it's worth $23 to you? Not to me! My favorite was the little do dah pictured at the right. "Value: Top quality, the best selection at an affordable price guaranteeing excellent value for money." (emphasis mine) $23 for a handful of fruit is affordable?! Who are these people?! I'm starting to think that all French are super rich. Though, I have a suspicion it's only because we're staying in a super nice hotel and being taken to dinner by the company we're visiting. Hopefully Paris won't be this bad. Granted, I'm not paying for anything but tourism and souveniers, but if prices are anything like here, no one is getting anything. Just be grateful if I return alive and healthy. Maybe I'll give you a toothpick from the plane. (Don't think that I won't!... Ok, I can't get all of you a toothpick from the plane...)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

T&JCroxall said...

Ummmm, looks yummy! And good girl for staying at a Holiday Inn! (That is who my husband works for, lol). I hope you are having a blast!

Taralyn said...

seriously? france? man alive we should talk more!